This autumn I’m in Europe for a few conferences, and also working on one book about art and money and one book about… a secret topic.
A few ongoing and upcoming events I’m participating in:
- Sept 28-29, Sevilla, Spain –III Encuentro Mil formas de mirar y hacer: Artes y Movimientos Sociales, a conference on ART AND SOCIAL MOVEMENTS at the Universidad Pablo de Olavide. I’m presenting a talk on “Art after Money, Money after Art.”
- Oct 27-29, Berlin, Germany – Berliner Gazette conference TACIT FUTURES. I am co-facilitating a stream on the movements of money.
- Nov 3-4, London, England – The Finance and Society journal’s first conference INTERSECTIONS OF FINANCE AND SOCIETY. I am presenting a paper titled “Financialization as Settler-Colonialism, Settler-Colonialism as Financialization” and also hosting a roundtable on “Finance the Unknown” including Cassie Thornton, Brett Scott, Melanie Gilligan, Jonathan Harris and special guests.
- Nov 25, London, England, 5pm – I will be on a panel on Reclaiming utopia: Challenging the financial imagination at the King’s College, London. More information soon.
- December 1-2, Amsterdam, Netherlands – The Institute for Network Cultures‘ MONEYLAB 3 conference. I will be moderating a panel on the topic “When Art Mirrors Marx” and also presenting, along with Cassie Thornton, a special convocation event for the University of the Phoenix.
Speaking of which, I’m overjoyed to be working with the aforementioned Cassie Thornton on a new collaboration, the aforementioned University of the Phoenix. We have a number of secret and not-so-secret ongoing projects. The image below is from a small publication we produced about the effects of debt on the imagination in Puerto Rico. You can read the entire publication here: universityofthephoenix.com/the-white-cube.